CSC’s AIMS Incident Management System solution reports, analyses and manages adverse healthcare events and near miss information across acute, community, disability, mental health and residential aged care to improve delivery of services and ultimately improve the quality of care.
An interactive, evidence-based management tool, AIMS is available as either an on-demand service or for on-premise installation within a customer’s data centre. Our comprehensive bench marking and detailed analysis functionality enables a strategic approach to patient safety and quality improvement. AIMS provides you with an improved, empirical understanding of the underlying causes of medical errors to facilitate decisive corrective action that can lead to significant savings in both healthcare expenditures and human costs.
Currently used by facilities across Australia, Southern Africa and the US, AIMS classification is in-line with best-practice approaches such as the World Health Organization’s International Classification for Patient Safety, the Australian National Centre for Classification in Health and the US Institute of Medicine.
- Provides actionable, data-driven intelligence about safety and quality problems and best practices
- Empowers managers to make strategic improvements
- Provides an interactive evidence base
- Illuminates problem areas
- Enables improvement focus and tracking of results over time
- Readily adaptable to your unique incident and risk management practices
- Enables staff to report incidents directly via a web browser or call center
- Facilitates communication with insurers regarding potential claims
- Captures and classifies incident information to help reduce the high rate of preventable medical errors
Incident Capture & Management
CSC AIMS offers you flexibility combined with standardization read more...
Views, Analysis & Reporting
Our solutions provide you with powerful reporting functionality read more...
Multi Level Access
CSC AIMS offers multi level access that can be user defined read more...
The unique and comprehensive AIMS classification transforms free-text incident descriptions read more...
Our solution allows for extensive client configuration read more...
To ensure that your staff are informed of serious events read more...
AIMS provides you with a fully web-based interface read more...
Incident Capture & Management
CSC AIMS offers you flexibility combined with standardization. You can choose one of our best practice data capture forms for a simple and standardized approach, or work with our professional services to develop a fully customized form to match your business processes.
- Standardise capture of incident detail via the world-renowned AIMS classification
- Control the level of detail collected by defining a per incident type minimum dataset for classification
- Reserve the maximum dataset (standard AIMS classification) for serious or targeted incidents
- Record detailed Root Cause Analysis (RCA) findings
- Enable classification by line managers or on a centralized basis according to incident severity
- Support a variety of data capture methods to suit the needs of different reporters
Views, Analysis & Reporting
Our solutions provide you with powerful reporting functionality that is designed to suit a variety of users. The Business Intelligence and decision support tools enable a strategic approach to patient safety and quality improvement while simple yet powerful data views help managers to understand what is happening and take action.
- Incorporate flexible design options incorporating views, filters and sorting on reports
- Define and save data views at a user level for quick, consistent and repeatable access to key data
- Hyperlink drill down from real time summary data views to underlying detailed information
- Filter and sort information within data views
- Design and run standard reports with parameter selections
- Utilise user subscriptions for report scheduling and secure distribution
- View, compare and analyze data with an integrated Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization tool
- Enable near-time data access without disrupting system performance
Multi Level Access
CSC AIMS offers multi level access that can be user defined to enable the required levels of complexity and access each position requires.
- Enable access to simple text-based reporting for incident management on a local level, e.g. summary of monthly incidents by department
- Provide basic users access to simple, web-based charting for a visual overview
- Enable exploration of data based on user-defined or distributed data summary views
- Offer Patient Safety / Risk Managers an additional level of query and analysis designed for the more sophisticated user
- Meet the demands of analyst users by providing advanced web-based analysis and reporting for data mining
- Allow analysts to interrogate the AIMS dynamic data warehouse in near-time without disruption to system performance
- Examine the data warehouse using third party BI applications such as Cognos and Business Objects
The unique and comprehensive AIMS classification transforms free-text incident descriptions into actionable data to inform your quality improvement initiatives.
- Utilise a taxonomy that includes over 24,000 concepts logically organised into 18 incident types
- Extend classification with specialty data sets (taxonomies) such as Anesthesiology, Obstetric Maternal, Obstetric Fetal, Ambulance / Retrieval, Radiology, and Dental
- Support best practice approaches such the World Health Organization’s International Classification for Patient Safety
Our solution allows for extensive client configuration to ensure your needs are met. The powerful administrator functionality includes distributed administration roles and reduced reliance on CSC for configuration and system maintenance.
- Define client-specific parameters like date ranges, codes displayed in pick lists and security groups, permissions and individual user accounts
- Control data access at various levels including module, function and field
- Define system and data audit functions
- Enable System Administrators to create, define and manage System Values according to client organization terminology
To ensure that your staff are informed of serious events or simply told of tasks they are required to complete following an event, AIMS provides you with sophisticated alert functionality.
- Create and manage automated email-based Alerts to inform relevant staff instantly
- Ensure that recipients receive pertinent information and a link to the issue at hand
- Ensure only authenticated users with the correct permissions will have access to the issue report
AIMS provides you with a fully web-based interface that you can implement as a service (SaaS) or for on-premise installation within your data center. Your users can access the application using a standard web browser, ensuring there is no need to install any software on local PCs.
- Reduce IT staffing cost and expertise demands
- Allow CSC to take care of all software updates and maintenance
- Remove the need for investment in server hardware or software
- Protect your investment; all upgrades are included, even major upgrades
- Enable rapid and efficient deployment across large and / or geographically dispersed organizations
- Control and monitor AIMS use across the whole organization
- Allow staff to notify and manage incidents from anywhere they have internet access
- Reduce financial risk by paying a rental fee that is a portion of the total cost instead of an upfront license,
- Free staff and resources to focus on improving the safety, quality and efficiency of care instead of maintaining applications and investing in the infrastructure needed to support them