Bed information refreshed in real-time
Our VisiWard is an electronic patient status board which offers users up to date information on all patients admitted to their ward together with details of bed status.
VisiWard replaces the manual whiteboard and magic marker pen most wards still rely on, eliminating the onerous work associated with constantly updating information, and potential errors that can arise when information is not regularly updated.
Up-to-the-minute information can be shared across the hospital care team, improving patient flow and hospital management.
Real-time information refreshed automatically
VisiWard is integrated directly into your PAS solution and regularly automatically refreshes, allowing real-time bed and patient status information to be available to all clinicians onscreen. A refresh button gives added reassurance and enables users to manually refresh – and the last refresh time is shown on screen.
Patient status boards and the information they contain can vary across a site or trust. Often displaying too little or even too much information, the consequences are time consuming for staff and can result in inconsistencies and inefficiencies.
VisiWard standardises bed and patient status information, ensuring that data can be both understood by all and that information displayed is meaningful and useful, as well as being up to date at all times.
VisiWard is quick and easy to install and implement, and importantly, does not require a system upgrade. The solution offers important benefits to users across the entire organisation.
- ward management – eliminates the onerous process of manually updating written white boards and thereby removing transcription errors
- bed management – rather than bed managers working off out of date print outs or the phone, VisiWard provides a full hospital or trust-wide view of available beds
- information standardisation – a common and consistent view of patient and bed data
- clarity of information – easily filter ward lists by Consultant or Speciality to locate patients
- flexibility and scope – controlled access to VisiWard can provide useful information to other members of the healthcare organisation e.g. catering and bed cleaning teams
Research has been conducted to analyse the information currently displayed on patient status boards across NHS trusts. Each piece of information has then been categorised in terms of necessity and relevance and can be customised to tailor your ward, but examples include:
- Medically fit/Ready for Discharge
- Outlier status
- Warning Sign: indicates a patient is in the ward without either room or bed number allocated and that action is required
- Free bed: to indication beds that are currently available
- Closed bed: for beds that are not currently available or are closed
- Physical capacity of the ward
- Occupied capacity of the ward
- Available beds
- Closed bed count
- Number of total patients on the ward
- Baby Indicator: A number will show how many babies where a mother-baby link exists
- Multiple same bed occupancy
- patient has been referred
- patient has been seen
- patient has been signed off
Our VisiWard technology is already successfully helping hospitals deliver more efficient patient care through healthcare providers access to real-time information, leading to improved bed management and resource management.
Building on this success, VisiWard is now in the process of being extended to include even more detailed clinical information such as infection control and chronic conditions details.
While VisiWard currently provides a read-only facility, a roadmap is in place to deliver an interactive bed management solution, with touch-screen ‘drag and drop’ functionality, which will automatically push updates back into the PAS. Links to order comms solutions are also planned for the future.
Who can use VisiWard?
VisiWard can be integrated with any PAS solution, including our own:
to find out more